Sunday, September 22, 2013

Completed Pathfinder Iconics

I finally polished off the Pathfinder Iconic characters last night.  Normally it wouldn't take me so long to do so few figures, but I'm busier than ever and lack time to paint. Anyway, there's my excuse.  These figures are not Reaper Bones, but metal models. I ordered the metals to complete the set needed for the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game. The only exception is the Bard model, which is Bones.

So here they are. Click on the picture to expand it.


From left to right, Droogami the Snow Leopard, Lini the Gnome druid, Lem the Halfling Bard,  Sajan the Monk, and Harsk the Dwarf Ranger. The final model is a Gray Maiden figure, and not one of the Pathfinder Iconic class models. I just liked the model and ordered it to bring my total high enough to qualify for Reaper's free shipping.

Here are some close ups, and front / back shots. The models have incredible details.

So that's supposed to be a Snow Leopard. It was looking fairly white / gray until the end where everything ended up tan.  Well, crap. I'm not repainting it. The paints looked warm gray on my palette, but turned out too yellow. So now it's a Sand Leopard. Problem solved.


The Monk models is pretty cool, though his knife hand snapped off and had to be glued back. So while people complain about Bones models being warped, we have to remember that metal is often not much better. I tried to match the iconic paint schemes but had to give the bard a pink shirt. It just says "bard" to me.

The Ranger is carrying a crap-ton of stuff on his back. It was confusing to paint and I think I got some stuff wrong. Still, it looks cool now that it's finished. The Gray Maiden was fun to paint, and I was really pleased with the blending of her red cloak. So you can imagine my horror when I found a huge part of the cloak paint job chipped off over night. Again, people complain about Bones not holding paint, but it was my metal model that chipped. I had washed the bare metal, but I guess I must've missed a spot. Anyway, since I had the triad colors, repainting was easy. The chip did leave a mark and you might be able to see it in the picture.

That's enough fantasy for me. I've got six skeletons I've primed, and I'll do those. Otherwise, I want to push to finish off my 15mm Pacific war project. I was hoping to start the next WWII campaign soon, but am far behind schedule.

3 comments:

Dagreenskins said...

Jerry those look great, work always get in the way of fun stuff.

Tim Kulinski said...

Jerry, nice work man, I am loving thatbyourbgetting through the bones stuff.

Tim

Jerry said...

Thanks guys!