Saturday, September 6, 2014

Zombicide Season One Survivors

I guess I could've left this post's subject heading as the entire post. It pretty much says it all.  I've recently got the Zombicide Season One base game and like it enough to paint the figures. These survivors can be used outside of the Zombicide game too, since they scale nicely with other models. So it gave me an extra incentive to paint.

Here they are. Click for a larger picture.


For those familiar with the game, I painted them exactly as they appeared on their stat cards. So no great innovation.  I did take some detail pictures but the focus was all off. I think I accidentally changed some settings. Well, this picture gives enough details.

I decided to paint the Abomination, since I consider him a zombie character. While painting him, I noticed he had a camera over his neck, like he's a tourist or something similar. Detail like that gets lost if you don't paint the models.

These figures are really nice with a good level of detail. As I said, they can be survivors for other games like All Things Zombie, which I plan to check out soon.

Next it's on to the actual zombies, starting with the walkers. I plan to do these in a gray scale. I saw this paint style on a blog, which you can see here.  I'm in no way as good a painter as this guy, but I like the idea and will give it a shot.  Besides, I have over 50 walkers alone, and I don't want to spend the rest of the year painting zombies! His way of painting seems very fast. I've already got ten completed, and they look nice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerry, Loving all your zombies and zombicide things. I'd love to see your take on the "Grayscale" zombie scheme too. You should definitely post pictures of those too.

-- Brent

Jerry said...

Thanks Brent! I will certainly post the rest of the Zombicide things where they're completed. I'm hoping that paint job will be fast.

Tim Kulinski said...

Awesome man, great painting. Look forward to getting this game back on the table.

Jerry said...

Thanks, Tim! I'm sure we'll get a lot of play out of this game.