Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Tale of Four Lord of the Rings Gamers

So I will be participating in the "Tale of Four Lord of the Rings Gamers."  You can read about it on the Cursed Treasures blog.  It sounds like a nice challenge and an interesting way to get an army together.  I remember the articles from 2008.  So it will be fun to do the same in my own corner of the gaming universe.

As Tim pointed out, I will be working on an Elf army.  I've already previewed it here and started test paints.  Since I did buy the army from Tim it was already primed.  I just had to assemble most of the spearmen and glue the other models to their bases.  So I'll slow down my pace to match the competition schedule.  I'll just finish what's in progress now and pick up again on May 1st.

Playing games in increments of 175 points will be an interesting challenge for Elves.  Of course, if I'm going to play Elves I better get used to being outnumbered.  At 175 pts I can take a Captain and nine warriors.  Yikes!  I think I'll test out the Isildur's Bane rules I mentioned last post using this points level.  Everyone else will be doing a horde army (yes, I will bet even Dwarfs).  So I expect a lot of trapped Elves meeting horrible deaths.

Painting in increments of 175 pts will be a lot easier for me.  But I'm still a massive slow poke with the paint brush.  When I get to Elrond, though, I'll just have to paint him and a warrior to make the cut!

Well, that's about all I have to say for now.  Check out the link at Cursed Treasures for more details.  My first 175 pts is due on June 1st.  Until then, back to the regularly scheduled program.

No comments: