Saturday, February 23, 2013

Savage Considerations

I've been leafing through my Savage Worlds book recently, and I've given some thought to trying it. I could use the game as-is, but have also considered their tabletop miniatures adaptation Showdown. My first thought was to do do something in a genre that I have no other rules to match. Spies and modern adventure came to mind. At the same time I had this idea, I was reading the Danger Girl comic collection. Say no more, my concept had arrived!

I planned to create my own team of Danger Girl operatives and use Savage Worlds to play these as a tabletop game. I didn't need to look too far for suitable models. Reaper's Chronoscope line has plenty to fit the bill.  So I ordered five blisters and painted them up.


Painting these models was a refreshing break from military drab colors. I seem to be endlessly painting military models these days. Anyway, the green and black model is my homage to the team's Danger Girl origins.  Otherwise, I just did whatever felt right at the time.

I've cooled off a bit on the original idea of getting these on the table. But now I have models ready for whenever I pick up again. The biggest challenge I have is collecting appropriate terrain and other models to be the "bad guys."  Since Danger Girl faces the neo-Nazi Hammer Empire, I thought my Dust Tactics Axis models could fit the bill. That gives me some incentive to get painting those too.

Well, back to military drab!

5 comments:

Dagreenskins said...

Very cool looking stuff Jerry. I heard good things about Savage Worlds miniature rules. Now I have to get back to painting military stuff LOL.

Jerry said...

Thanks Mike! I've been looking at Savage Worlds for an age, and I think the settings and rules look cool. One day I may try them out for real.

Scottswargaming said...

Always nice to see females in tight spandex ;-) Well done!

Mike G. said...

They look great. We can get them to the table. Savage Worlds looks good. It started as a miniatures game anyway.

Jerry said...

@Scott: Thanks! Yeah, that's always a plus when working on these projects. :)

@Mike G.: I'm figuring one of these days they'll get to the table The Savage Worlds rules look great for so many genres. I'm edging closer to buying the Weird WW2 books too.