Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bolt Action Painting Challenge, Part Three

So, more Russians. As the third installment in the 1,000 point Bolt Action painting challenge, I'm now in the home stretch. The bulk of the painting is done with this batch. Russians have been surprisingly easy and fast to paint. In fact, I had these completed last Sunday, but only had time to take pictures today.

For the month of March, I've got an 11 man rifle squad with LMG and on SMG, a medic, AT rifle team, and a Maxim MMG team.  That totals to 248 points. I've got carry over from last month as well, and that will all go toward next month.

Here's the group shot for everything.

I took a few individual shots. The medic came out too blurry, but you can see her well enough if you enlarge the picture above.  First, here is the third rifle squad.
Next is a Maxim MMG team.  These are from Plastic Soldier Company. They don't have a ton of detail, but for uniform style and size  they mix nicely with the Crusader models.

Here's an Anti-Tank Rifle team. These are also Plastic Soldier Company models.

You've probably noticed that I painted the base edges of the rifle team.  This is to help me identify which squad they belong to.  I find once  I start pulling models, I get everything screwed up. I had tried hash marks, but they weren't obvious enough for me. I thought the edging looked fine and was not too distracting. I've done it for all my rifle squads.

Here's the collection in the box as it stands now. The Russians are still sharing space with my Dark Ages models for the time being.  Next month, they'll have to move out.

So that's it for now. Next month finishes this army at 1,000 points. I'll be doing a tank, a mortar team, and the free rifle squad. I'll have four rifle squads and an SMG squad, quite a lot of soldiers!

3 comments:

Dagreenskins said...

I have been working on other projects so far this month. I need to get back to work on my Americans this week. It should be an easy month for me because I am painting my command unit and some special teams. Your army looks great can't wait to see it done.

Robert said...

Good work Jerry!

Jerry said...

Thanks, guys! At first I wasn't looking forward to painting this many infantry, but surprisingly I've found these models fun to paint.