Friday, February 10, 2012

Hammer and Anvil Book Review

Hammer and Anvil (Sisters of Battle)Hammer and Anvil by James Swallow

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I enjoyed this book, though not as much as the first one in the series. We get to see characters from the first book appear again in this one.  While that's nice, they remained the same characters they were in the first book.  You would think their experiences would have changed them.  The plot was much like the first book, also. None of that was really a deal-breaker for me. 

My largest complaint is that subplot threads were introduced and never tied off or even developed. I don't want to reveal the story; so I won't mention what those were.  But keep your eyes open and you will see that some things promised at the start were not delivered at the end.

Overall, I can recommend this story as a fun, light read.  If you enjoy the Warhammer 40,000 universe and the Sisters of Battle in particular, you won't be disappointed.  I particularly enjoyed the Necrons, the Terminator-style of enemy in this book.  Getting to see the Necrons up close was enjoyable.



View all my reviews

No comments: