Monday, August 1, 2011

The Rest of Them

As I promised in my last post, I've taken photos of the rest of my undead warband for SBH.  They are all Reaper miniatures.  I really like Reaper models and plan to collect a lot more of these.  In fact, I'll admit I snapped up a bunch more, maybe too many more.  I was planning an all Elf warband, themed on World of Warcraft's Silverwing Sentinels.  Now I'm not so sure I want to do that.  The models don't fit the look too well (other than being female) and would require some sculpting to get right.  Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

This is a Warlord model, something called a spell effect.  I thought it would make a nice undead spirit of some sort, maybe a wraith.  It had options for a big sword or just the hands.  I thought the sword look out of place on the model.
This is the Reaper of Death model.  I got him because he looks cool, though I'm not sure what game purpose I have for him.  I'm open to suggestions.  I guess I could go for "Grim Reaper" but that's too obvious and a little over powered for a small skirmish game!

As soon a I saw this model I thought of Lady Death. She doesn't have the big hair, but has all the other "big" that we love about Lady Death.  I tried to capture her vibe with dark purples and white flesh.  Reaper calls this model "Eldessa, Necromancer" but I plan on running her as a vampire. 

So those are the models, though not all might make the cut into the final warband.  I planned on doing a traditional vampire group, one main vampire, a few lesser ones, rat and bat swarms and wolves.  I could then fill it in with human servants, ghouls most likely.  I don't have those models yet, but maybe I'll get around to it one day. 

Also, for those who are curious, Warlord and Dark Heavens lines from Reaper do not mix well.  There's a big size difference, causing me to have to leave aside other Reaper models I wanted for this warband.  It irks me that they can't keep the scale consistent.  You'd think they'd want people to buy more of their models rather than go elsewhere like I had to.  

2 comments:

Dagreenskins said...

Very cool stuff Jerry. You really need to look at the Warlord rules since you have the models. I agree with the Reaper line, they have a lot of great looking stuff. Keep up with the painting.

Jerry said...

Thanks! I guess as my collection grows I'll have to check out the Warlord rules some day. Though I kind of like not knowing what the "Official Purpose" of the models are.