Saturday, September 10, 2011

Time for Church

I've got a lot of figures to paint.  But this week I wasn't much interested in any of them.  So, I moved on to my small collection of terrain pieces. 

One thing I really wanted to get done was my gothic church from Pegasus Hobbies.  I bought two of their sets and was really unimpressed with the size of the building.  There wasn't even room for two 28mm models in it.  So I bought one more set and was able to get a nice sized building out of it. My buddy Tim helped with assembly.  He also took some of my spare MDF and mounted the model on it for me.  Thanks Tim.  Here are some pictures.


I will say this was a bitch to paint.  I know it looks simple, but getting inside was not easy.  Also, there's just a ton of surface area to cover.  My wife made the wry comment that I was painting a gray model with gray paint.  I had to admit, I was at a loss for a reply.  "But it's not the right shade of gray," did not go over well as a sensible answer.

Tim, a dyed in the wool model converter, took some of bits from my Cities of Death terrain and added a balcony and ladder on the inside.  So now a model can sit up there and snipe out of that big window.  The interior is just a little shy of 10" x 10".  My fat hands will have a hard time moving models in there.

There were a lot of leftover pieces.  Tim and I put them in various arrangements until we came up with another building scheme.  This can be either a mausoleum or a rectory to go with the church.  Here are some shots of the building, not even primed yet.


I'll get to that one sooner or later.  I'm going to work on the Temple of Skulls terrain piece next, as well as finish out some crater pieces I have.  With my new table, I need good terrain to fill it out.  So I'll focus on that while I think about what figures I want to paint next.

1 comment: